Reasons To Download KMPlayer
The KMPlayer player supports almost the entire range of existing video and audio formats, so it makes no sense to list them. Separately, it should be noted the support of the RTSP protocol (Real Time Streaming Protocol), which provides the ability to play and control (pause, rewind, etc.) audio and video files directly from remote web servers. Moreover, KMPlayer supports all three popular media streaming standards – RealMedia, QuickTime and DirectShow.
Of course, KMPlayer can also be used as a full-featured player for DVDs and Bluray discs (or their images), giving the user every opportunity to manage their contents.
3D View Mode
The KMPlayer player is able to “on the fly” transform any currently open video file into a 3D video for viewing in 3D glasses – an optocoupler (there are many colors for separating the video card, as well as vertical and horizontal line-change mode).
In addition, KMPlayer can be used to play, the so-called 360-degree video (or VR-video). Therefore, the owners of VR glasses / helmets will also like this video player.
Output And Capture Of The Video Card
One of the features of KMPlayer is the ability to receive and send a video signal to various devices connected to the computer. Receiving/transmitting video data is carried out all according to the same DirectShow standard. The software works with all types of devices that support this technology.
To expand the possibilities of working with DirectShow, the developers of KMPlayer have provided many modes of compression of the video stream. This allows the video player to work with a wide range of devices, not only digital, but also analog.
Multiple Audio And Video Filters And Codecs
The standard set of KMPlayer includes dozens of various software filters and codecs that allow you to fine-tune the picture / sound when playing video and audio formats, overlay various effects on top of the multimedia. To save computer resources, many filters are disabled by default, so the user will have to add them from the corresponding section of the settings menu.
If necessary, KMPlayer can import your own external filters and codecs as DLL or AX files.
Support For Subtitles
Multimedia player KMPlayer has all the necessary functionality to work with subtitles. In addition to the possibility of their fine-tuning, users can create their own or edit existing subtitles.
There is also a function of automatic download of subtitles from the Internet (if on those resources from which KMPlayer downloads, subtitles for the played movie are found, they will be loaded automatically).
Built-in Video Download Manager
The latest versions of the KMPlayer player have a web module that allows you to download videos from popular social networks and video hosting, including YouTube. It is enough for the user to insert a link to the page with the video, KMPlayer will automatically extract the video from it and even offer (if available) to select its quality for subsequent download.
Other KMPlayer Features
These are some more features of KMPlayer:
- Ability to play under-downloaded or “broken” multimedia files.
- Work offline (i.e. from a flash drive).
- Substitution of the audio track for the videos being played.
- Capture the video/audio being played and record it to a file.
- Support for deinterlacing (combining a cross-line video card into a regular video).
- Support for visualization plugins (including those created under Winamp).
- Automatic elimination of all kinds of video and audio defects.
- Automatic normalization (volume control) of audio and other features.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Listen To Music In KMPlayer?
KMPlayer is a universal media player that is capable of playing a wide range of multimedia files, including all popular audio formats – MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC and many others. Also in KMPlayer you can add playlists with music compositions in formats M3U, M3U8, etc.
Can I Set A Timer In KMPlayer To Turn Off My Computer?
KMPlayer has a function that allows you to turn off the computer immediately after the current file finishes playing. In addition, it is possible to turn off the PC at a certain time.
- To assign a task to shut down the computer after the file finishes playing:
- Press F2 to go to the program’s settings.
- In the General section, open the Repeat/List subsection.
- At the top of the Retry/List subsection of the window, click the General tab.
- In the “Upon Completion (List Complete)” block, in the drop-down list next to the “Video” item, check the “Turn off Windows (Once)” item.
- Close the settings window.
All these steps will have to be repeated every time you need to set the KMPlayer task to turn off the PC. To make the program turn off the computer on time daily:
- At the bottom of the same settings window, check the box next to “Turn off Windows at the specified time.”
- From the bottom, set the shutdown time and close the settings window.
No Audio In KMPlayer, What To Do?
The lack of sound when playing video in KMPlayer can be associated with many reasons, but the most common of them are the lack of necessary audio codecs and problems with the audio playback device (i.e. audio card).
The problem with decoders is usually solved by reinstalling them or reinstalling the KMPlayer application itself. The latest versions of audio codecs can be downloaded from the official website of the media player on this page (https://kmp-player.com/codec-for-kmplayer.html). In almost all cases, it is enough to download and install the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack (the first item in the list of available codecs for download). It includes both video and audio codecs.
Audio problems due to the audio card can occur when updating/reinstalling its drivers and/or video card drivers (modern video card drivers also contain software for the audio device). In these cases, KMPlayer may mistakenly select a non-audio card as the audio processing device that is currently selected by the system as the default audio device. This is easy to fix:
- Right-click on an empty area of the KMPlayer window.
- Open the “Audio” item in the menu that appears.
- Next, open the “Sound Processor” sub-item.
- Select from the list the audio device that is responsible for playing audio in the system (most likely, you will need to select “Realtek HD Audio” or “VIA HD Audio”).
- Select the displayed audio devices alternately until a sound appears in the player (pre-play some video).
KMPlayer Only Plays Audio, What Should I Do?
The absence of a video card is usually observed when playing high-quality video with a resolution of 1920×1080 and higher (for example, these are HDTVRip or BDRip formats). Playing high-resolution video requires an HD-enabled video card on your computer. Absolutely all modern video cards (even the most budget options) have this ability. If the video card does not support HD-video, then when it is played, usually only sound is heard, the picture may not be at all or it may be displayed in jerks and freezes. At the same time, any video files with a resolution less than 1920×1080 play normally.
In some cases, on old/low-power graphics cards, it is still possible to run HD video. To do this, in the video player you need to change the video preset parameter:
- Right-click on the video playback area.
- A context menu is displayed. Open the item “Video (advanced)” in it, then click on the item “Quality (3 GHz)”.
Also, the absence of a picture can be associated with the absence or damage of video codecs responsible for decoding the video format being played. This problem can be solved by reinstalling the KMPlayer player or reinstalling the codecs themselves. Download the latest versions of codecs used by KMPlayer on the official website of the program developers.
How To Change The Skin Of KMPlayer?
The KMPlayer player supports the installation of skins (skins) created by both the developers of the program and ordinary users. In order to change the theme of the interface, perform the following steps:
- Download the covers from the official KMPlayer website or another source.
- Covers for the player have an extension.” KSF”, which is associated by the system with KMPlayer by default. If this is the case, it will be enough just to run this file – the cover will be automatically added to the program database.
- If the KSF-covers are not associated with the player, they can be added to the program database manually. It is enough to copy the skins to the “Skins” folder, which can be found in the main KMPlayer installation folder (by default it is “C:\KMPlayer\Skins”).
After adding the covers, it remains to apply it to the player:
- Right-click on the video playback area.
- Open the “Covers” item in the menu.
- Select one of the skins that you want to apply.