ASIO4ALL Download Overview
Like any driver, ASIO4ALL is used to provide interaction between programs and the hardware of the computer (in this case, with the audio card). However, ASIO4ALL can not be called a driver in the usual sense – it is a highly specialized and at the same time universal software.
The first is due to the fact that ASIO4ALL can only be used by those applications that support this driver, and, as a rule, they are audio editors, video editors, multimedia players, programs for creating music, mixing sound, etc.
The versatility of ASIO4ALL is due to the fact that this driver can work with a wide range of audio cards, regardless of their manufacturer or model (not all of them, of course). It’s all about the principle of ASIO4ALL, which involves accessing the sound card directly, that means, without “intermediaries” like “Windows Audio (Audiosrv)”.
Some important features & advantages:
- Bypass all sorts of audio effects overlaid on audio by a standard audio driver and/or Windows system mixer.
- Bypassing software audio processors, including those that oversample audio (such processors are not famous for the quality of their work).
- Programs that use ASIO4ALL can also directly access the audio card buffer (if the device supports buffering), which reduces the load on system resources and, as a result, faster audio operations.
- Ability to adjust latency – delay and response time.
- The ability for a program that supports ASIO4ALL to use multiple audio playback devices simultaneously (i.e. output audio to two or more audio cards).
- Thanks to the same bypass of software audio effects and sound processors, latency and response time are significantly reduced when recording sound from any external sources – from microphones to MUSICAL MIDI instruments.
Separately, it should be noted that the ASIO4ALL driver supports delay compensation mechanisms. This ensures that two or more audio devices synchronize while simultaneously outputting audio through them.