What Is Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft Edge is a new, easy-to-use browser designed specifically for Windows 10. It is packed with useful features and a variety of options that make the browser competitive with others. This browser is distinguished by a fairly high response speed and is specifically designed for effective browsing. Now we look into more of its features.
This browser differs from the rest in that it reacts incredibly fast to all actions. Opening the browser itself, browsing, other actions, all of this is done in a matter of seconds. Of course, Google Chrome or similar browsers cannot show such agility due to a bunch of installed plugins, different themes, etc. but still, the results speak for themselves.
The collection feature allows you to save pages and notes as a collection in your browser. This feature is generally not found in any browser without plugins. You can save content while browsing without having to leave the browser or tab.
Pages: With this option, you can save a collection of web pages. The current webpage can be saved in the collection using the “Add current page” button on top.
Notes: You can create notes, select what you need, create a list, save some content, without minimizing the browser. These notes are then saved in collections.
Another innovative solution in the browser was “Reading Mode”. This mode is very useful for those who cannot easily read articles on the Internet, constantly distracted by advertising or third-party posts all over the page. By activating this mode, it automatically removes everything unnecessary, leaving only the desired text. In addition, articles you need can be bookmarked for reading, so that they are immediately opened in this mode later.
Fast Search Bar
This feature is not new, but it is still very useful for any browser. Thanks to special algorithms, the browser determines your text in the address bar, and if it does not lead anywhere, the search engine specified in the settings in which your request will be entered will open.
This feature is mostly known as “Incognito Mode” and is also called “Anonymous Mode”. Yes, this mode is also present in MS Edge, and it allows you to browse without writing to the history of the pages you have just visited.
This list contains all the pages you have bookmarked. This feature is also not new, but it is extremely useful, especially for those who browse a lot of websites.
Microsoft handles security very well. Microsoft Edge is protected from almost all sides, both from outside influences and from the websites. It does not allow the opening of harmful websites due to its constant scanning using SmartScreen. Also, all pages are opened in separate processes to protect the main system.
Advantages Of Microsoft Edge
The Internet Explorer, which was the company’s previous product, has such a bad reputation that people hardly ever use it. In fact, the technologies by which this browser was created were significantly behind the competitors, and could not catch up with them.
Microsoft understood this and decided to start developing a new browser from scratch. It has been a long time since its appearance, and we can say that Microsoft Edge offline installer is really much better than its predecessor. Also, according to some parameters, the standard browser for Windows 10 can give odds to all known Chrome and Firefox.
- Very High Speed: The Pages and tabs open extremely fast, and switching between them is instantaneous. The launch speed is decent too, and Edge is better than the competition on this metric.
- Immersive Reader: This is a special mode for reading. The user can remove all unnecessary information from the page, leaving only letters and images on it. In this case, the font and background can be customized to your liking in the program settings.
- Favorites Bar: Frequently visited pages can be saved to a favorites list, all of which you need to click a button on the toolbar to access.
- Security: MS Edge is secure than ever, Microsoft came to conclusions and removed some of the “loopholes” in IE. Then the SmartScreen filter appeared, scanning all the visited pages.
- Web Capture Mode: This mode is very useful for designers, developers, and testers. This feature allows you to save a web page on your computer with pre-marked notes and comments.
- Simple Interface: The Microsoft Edge browser has a fairly convenient minimalist interface. But it is impossible to objectively evaluate the design and usability, therefore, each user must evaluate the visual layer of the program for himself.
Disadvantages Of Microsoft Edge
Despite the many advantages of this browser, it has a very serious drawback. Microsoft Edge, also claims support for plugins but does not contain all the extensions that are available in the competitor browsers.
This is due to the fact that Microsoft has very tight control over plugin development and inadvertently delays it. Therefore, despite the high performance, the nice interface, and some innovations, this browser cannot be recommended to everyone. It’s perfect for unpretentious users who just don’t need extensive functionality, but power users are more likely to prefer the more familiar Chrome and Firefox.
What Is Microsoft Edge Offline Installer?
Microsoft edge offline installer allows you to install the browser on your computer without having an internet connection. The offline installer setup comes in handy when you don’t have an internet connection or when you have an unstable internet connection.
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- RAM: 2 GB for 64-Bit | 1 GB for 32-Bit
- Hard Disk Space: 20 GB for 64-Bit | 16GB for 32-Bit
- Operating System: Windows 10 (32-Bit & 64-Bit)